Smithy

ANNO: 
1802

Every perfect manor ensemble has to have a smithy.

As smithies were a fire hazard, they were usually built quite far away from other buildings, usually on a field’s or a park’s border. The Palmse smithy was reconstructed on the banks of a pond and it is open to anyone wishing to see how smiths work, or even to try forging themselves.

The building was constructed in the beginning of the 19th century during the time of Carl Magnus von der Pahlen. Having stood derelict for a long time, Lahemaa National Park revamped it in 1985.